Thursday, January 19, 2006

Oh How The Geek Has Fallen!

This is what my usually sweet wife turned into when I got home from work and broke the news that I dropped my wedding ring somewhere. :(

In my defence, I have a head cold and have been feeling like a zombie in the office, struggling to deal with all the changes/input from the latest re-org, gingerly stepping on bruised egos while we try to find the best organisation to move forward and still keep the whole thing under wraps... Plus, I have lost so much weight that the ring slips off easily... So somehow, I went to the office with my ring on and came back without it.

Doesn't matter that I found it later in my bag (must've slipped off my finger when I was stuffing my notebook in the bag at the office), nor does it matter that she does not even wear her wedding band at all. The verdict is out: I am the guilty one, straight to jail, do not pass "GO", no chance of parole...

Something tells me this is gonna be a LONG weekend...

11 comments:

Cliff said...

Oh I pray you will have the strength for the rest of the week.

Cliff said...

I talked about u in my testimonial last night :D..

TriDaddy said...

I have the same problem with my ring. I am down 20 pounds since I got it. Once, I was stuffing cardboard boxes into our recycling bin and it fell off. I actually had the bin on the curb to be picked up, then took it inside the house and dumped the whole thing out... and there it was, my ring! Slipped off more than once since then!

tri-mama said...

If I was mad at Trihubby for losing his ring it would most likely be due to already feeling disconnected. Might I suggest a date night with flowers and your favorite beverage of choice. give her a backrub and most importantly tell her: I know I've been a little out of it lately since work has been busy-but how are you doing? How can I be praying for you. The lost ring will fade soon enough. She probably just needs to know the marriage is important to you-check that-she needs you to tell her the marriage is important to you. :) good luck and God Bless.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Hi Cliff, thanks for the prayer support. :) Did not know that I warrant a mention in your testimonial. I feel important now... ;)

TriDaddy, my wife has banned me from wearing the ring now. Wonder if I can get it (the ring, not my finger) thickened somehow...

Tri-mama, the female intuition never ceases to amaze me. Us men are such simple creatures by comparision. Thanks for your much needed councel and I will find a way to express that without sounding all phony or brutish (knowing me, that may be a challenge).

Chris said...

Indeed, a nice night out on the town will probably serve you well. Take extra care to pay extra special attention to the wife this weekend!

Sixteen Chickens said...

My husband lost his wedding ring... once. He took it off to go in a sweat lodge (gold is not allowed in the lodge) and it was lost. I forgave him eventually... and I did buy him another ring to wear. Not a nice gold ring, a MUCH MUCH cheaper sterling silver one. Of course he has never lost that one. He learned the first time? :)

It's time to take your ring to the jewelers and have it made smaller! Then no more dragons at your house. :)

Anonymous said...

Kewl - check your local jeweler. They probably have little plastic inserts for just that. I know I've seen them, and wish I could tell you a name.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Thanks Chris, I will. That's gonna be my project this weekend.

Wylee/Tom: I am gonna have to visit the local jeweller soon. Unitl that gets fixed, I am not allowed to wear the ring anymore. :P

Kewl Nitrox said...

Yikes, my wife did just that to me a couple weeks ago, only it was my wallet she put away without telling me. I was up all night looking for it! Do you women compare notes or what?

Nancy Toby said...

Yeah, time to drop that ring off at a jeweler's for resizing! That is much easier than facing the consequences!!