Wednesday, June 21, 2006

An Ode to My Holiday

Working parents, you know how it is - doesn't matter if you are still on leave, but the holiday is over when urgent text messages from work start coming, and/or the children start getting sick. In my case it was BOTH - text messages from the boss, and R1 getting a mysterious high fever last night - that told me the holiday was over.

Spent the morning trying to balance work, taking R1 to the doctor (they think it could be a virus), and trying to seperate R1 and R2 (keyword being "try"). But, I am still hopeful to squeeze in some swim drills (which I badly need, judging from my last 1.5km swim time) and of course my QT, so that today will not be a total washout in terms of my stated goals of Intentional Discipleship & Triathlons.

Still, I am very thankful for the short holiday because it gave me much needed time away from work with the family, and also time to do a checkpoint on my journey in Intentional Discipleship & Triathlons. The short on the Spiritual end is that I need to get serious about prayer (un-abridged version in my previous post), and on the Tri end, I am coming to the conclusion that I will focus on training (which I enjoy) and not racing for now.

Not sure if this sudden high fever that R1 has got is a call to prayer, but would appreciate your kind prayer support for healing. Oh, and thanks for the prayers for R2 after his fall. Went to the dentist yesterday and she thinks the tooth is fine and should heal completely in a few more days. The lower lip has also healed beautifully, Praise God, and thanks for your prayers! Prayers DO WORK! :)

Thanks again for the tremendous support and encouragements. Remember to make time to do what your heart tells you to do today, and may the Lord keep you safe and bring you beyond even what you dare to ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20)!

Train Safe and God Speed!

P.S. I did get in the swim drills afterall! I know it ain't much compared to the mega drills of the tri-bloggers out there but I'm rather chuffed with myself. :D Praise God!
  • 25mX10 = 250m Front Crawl Warm-up
  • 3 sets of 25mX4 = 300m Kicking Drills (with Kick Board)
  • 3 sets of 25mX4 = 300m Arm Recovery - "Chicken Wing"
  • 3 sets of 25mX4 = 300m Arm Pull - "Catch Up" (with hand paddles)
  • 25mX10 = 250m Front Crawl Close

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the intentional discipleship portion of your blog. That is something that I can work on in my life as well and maybe by reading about your journey I will get some ideas about how to do that. I will have to stop by again and read more about your journey of faith and into tri's as well.

Trifrog said...

1400m of drills is nothing to scoff at. It's always good to do some drills to reinforce good form for when you're swimming laps.

Keep up the good work on your intentional goals.

Rachel said...

I hope your Rs are okay! That's good you fit in the swimming despite all the stress going on around you!

Deb said...

Sick little guy (it is ALWAYS a time to pray!) and got a swim in?!Great dad, and good husband by taking care of yourself too!