Monday, June 26, 2006

Bonus Daddy Points...

On Saturday for bringing the kids to the Central Fire Station! In case there are any Singaporeans reading this, this place is a "MUST VISIT" - every Saturday morning, it's open house and the firemen show off all their latest equipment and let the kids climb onto the vehicles, squirt water out of the hoses/water guns,and even bring the kids up on the hydraulic ladders! This is a picture of R1 and R2 pretending to drive the "Red Rhino" or Light Fire Attack Vehicel (LFAV) for the the technically inclined.

And this is what this cool vehicle looks like. It's supposed to be a point vehicle in fighting hard to reach fires - all it carries is 50 litres of water, so there is a very cool water mist gun attached that the kids get to squirt (and adults too if they ask nicely). :)
Sunday morning started with a heavy downpour, which petered into light rain in the afternoon, bringing nice and cool conditions (by tropical Singapore standards) for a 11km even as the kids napped. Praise God!

On the spiritual front, I am sticking to my plan of daily QT - reading and praying - and I am beginning to understand why Paul wrote "it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." (Philippians 2:13) Truly it is the Lord who works in us to draw us near to Him. All we need to do is to make the commitment to be serious about Him. Praise God!

Not much to report on Monday, 1st day back at work is always "exciting", and it looks set to be a busy week, but I am thankful to be in Singapore this week. Until next time, train safe and God Speed!

7 comments:

Iron Pol said...

When I took Toddler Pol to a local firestation (where a member of my church works), we had very little luck getting him to "play." He wouldn't wear the helmets, wouldn't get into the trucks, etc. He loved seeing what was in the compartments, though. He'll probably get more out of it when he's older than two.

Sermon 1 is complete. Keep me in your prayers as I work on leading the service for a second week in a row. This is the first time we've had our pastor gone for two weeks WITHOUT a guest minister.

Ellie Hamilton said...

The fire station is Paradise for kids.

On the spiritual front... am I a slacker if I say I don't even have time for my blog friends, let alone a QT with the Lord??? Maybe I'd have more time for friends if I took that time first with Him. "Seek first the kingdom of God and all else shall be given you besides."

qcmier said...

Wish I could have a "Red Rhino"

Trifrog said...

How often I forget that it's God working in me, not me working in me. That relieves a lot of the pressure to live up to a standard that I alone can never meet.

Thanks for the reminder.

Rachel said...

Sounds like a great place for the kids! Way to balance spirituality, mind, and body. It always feels good to get back into a routine after some time off, doesn't it?

Mike said...

Can I get one of them Rhinos in black!?

I love your perspective about Mondays at work...."exciting"...hmmmmm, I can think of a couple of adjectives but not sure if exciting would top the list! ;-)

Deb said...

Looks like fun with the kids! Very cool little car to boot! Glad you're finding fun and calarity!
It's ALL you!