Monday, June 05, 2006

Global Day of Prayer

But I spent it on a 20 hour journey to Finland, which started with a 13 hour flight next to a couple that somehow had to go to the toilet every 1-2 hours! As you can imagine I spent much of the flight crawling in and out of my cattle class seat - that's getting in and out TWICE each time they had to go to the toilet. :(

13 hours later, I landed at Frankfurt for my 4 hout transit before the next flight. Couldn't help taking a picture of the shower at the transit lounge - truly God's gift to the weary traveller! A shower has not felt so good in a LONG time. :D

Finally arrived at the hotel 20+ hours after leaving Singapore, and so soon as I got into the room, I knew there was no way I would be heading out for dinner. I usually try not to nap at all the 1st day to get over the jet lag, but as you see from the state of the bed, this time I conceded. (Please excuse the underwear and socks hanging out to dry - although the company pays for laundry, I still can't bear to pay the exorbitant laundry fees for stuff that I can wash in 5 mins.)

So here I am, 28 hours after leaving Singapore, feeling old and tired, missing home terribly, having a bit of a sore throat (which I blame on the dry air in the plane), but very thankful for the free broadband that connects me to two very comforting things - familiar music on www.cmradio.net (my favourite is the "Best Mix" channel) and of course all of you, my blogging buddies. Funny thing is that with the solitude on long business trips, they are sometimes a enforced bonding time with the Lord, and with my work schedule lately, this is probably exactly what I need right now.

I gotta do some emails before hitting the hay, so take care my friends, train safe and God Speed!

4 comments:

Iron Pol said...

The availability of information and ease of communication now makes me think of how it must have been for my dad. Twenty years in the Navy before satellite phones, and 20 years on the road before cell phones, free long distance, and the Internet.

BTW, the race report for the first triathlon is posted.

qcmier said...

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!!! Are we going to get any pictures from Finland?

Deb said...

Gosh.... hats off to you for surviving this (sometimes) brutal thing we call work. Sound like God has sceduled a conference call....lucky you!

Rest up, be well, and get back to your family! (throw in a bike and run too!)

Iron Pol said...

Hey Kewl, you might check back to see the picture that was "missing." It's there, but I've had the same thing where it doesn't appear. If you right click the box and tell it to "Show Picture" it usually shows. Or just refresh.

I'm unsure of why it is doing that.