Friday, June 16, 2006

3 Days Before I Go Back to Work...

And that's me and the boyz in the zoo this morning! R1 is in the black rain coat while R2 is in yellow, and I am the overgrown kid in the pink child-sized poncho that just happened to be in the car. It was kinda dissappointing at first to arrive at the zoo in the midst of a downpour, but we were soon thankful for the rain as it brought unusually cool weather. It also chased away much of the usual visitors and we had the place to ourselves for the 1st couple of hours which was really nice. Thank you, Lord!

Even the penguins look pleased with the rain, don't you think? In case anyone starts thinking that they may be ill treated in the Singapore heat, they do have their own air conditioned enclosure right next to the pool, so they are usually cooler than the visitors. :D


The weather was so nice and cool that we stayed longer than usual and even squeezed in an elephant ride with our buddies!

On the training front, I am proud to report that I did head out and got in a 1.5km swim yesterday, and a 10km run today. Best of all, I managed to do my QT before my run today. Yay! Praise God! Hope this discipline lasts! ;)

Train safe one and all, and God Speed!

4 comments:

Chris said...

I haven't been to a zoo in ages! Looks like it was a great day (rain aside).

BTW, I was trying some new spam filtering on my website and it looks like you may have had some problems viewing or posting. Sorry about that! That should be fixed, now. :)

Cliff said...

Great post. Kewl.

I am sure elephant riding is consider as cross training.

Steven said...

Just slap a race bib on the elephant and you're go to go!

Good job getting your swim and run done.

Trisaratops said...

Looks like FUN! Way to get in the training, too! :)