Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I am thankful for...

  1. This notice in the hotel lift which tells me about the brand spanking new treadmill in the gym just waiting to be tested - was able to get in a 5km run this morning. Praise God!
  2. Fresh fruits at breakfast - the weather in Helsinki makes it tough to get fresh fruits (check out the brown banana - which thankfully was perfect inside). Praise God!
  3. The long days here (the sun rises at about 4:00am and sets at 11:00pm), which allows me to share these nice pictures of Helsinki city centre even at 9pm at night. Praise God!

I am still feeling the effects of jet lag so I will stop and head to bed. Feels really weird going to bed at 11:00pm and the sun is still up! :)

Oh... and if you haven't already, check out how Iron Pol ended up RUNNING the bike leg of his first ever Sprint Triathlon. An epic adventure. :D

Train safe boys and gals, and God Speed!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Quite a trip! Fresh fruit is always a plus. So are long days.

Deb said...

Hey you world traveling man... not quite the same when it's work related I know, but enjoy yourself. Tough to eat well on the road, so I understand about getting your hands on good clean food. Love the amount of daylight time though..train when you can. ;)

Iron Pol said...

Cool pix. Glad the hotel was able to support the training efforts.

And thanks for the plug.

Trisaratops said...

Beautiful pictures! Way to get in that training, too! :)

Trifrog said...

Awesome that you find the opportunity to Praise God and thank Him for the simple things that greet you in any given day.

I resolved the other day to do the same when I walk to and from the train station, but the concerns of the day and world got in the way again. I re-resolve to try again tomorrow; and the next day; and the next...

Thanks for the encouragement to keep trying...