Thursday, February 02, 2006

No Limits - Part II (Thanksgiving)

Hi all, work has been pretty hectic lately - you know the drill: more work, same pay, same resources to do it... They call it widening your job scope. ;) So I may be slack in my usual rounds of blog reading/comments these 2 weeks. Sorry fellow bloggers!

Quick update on family side: Thanks again for all the kind thoughts and prayers for R1 and R2. They are well now except that R1 developed an allergy to the antibiotics and broke out in a nasty rash (betta now). I was actually tempted to take a photo of him, but decided that it would be too cruel, so I'll just use this stolen cartoon instead. :)

Just want to update that after the swim drills on Monday, I brought R1 & R2 to the playground, and as I was watching them, I remembered Commodore's No Limits Challenge and decided to do some dips. I have been having some pain in my left lower back from carrying R1 up and down the hospital last week, and the dips really aggravated it - it got so bad that I could feel the pain down to my left heel when I walked. That night, my sweet wife volunteered to give me a massage which helped heaps in loosening my back, and I stuck on one of the traditional chinese medicine patches on my back. Most importantly, before I slept, I was reminded of Jesus bearing our illnesses/sickness and carring them on the cross 2000 years ago to give us BOTH spiritual and physical healing (Isaiah 53), and it encouraged me to pray for healing for myself.

Lo and behold, I woke up the next morning, and the pain I have had for a week, that just got worse the night before, is GONE. Praise God! I was even able to go out for a 45km bike ride that afternoon. Yay! I just gotta call it as it see it - God is Good GREAT!

8 comments:

qcmier said...

God is great indeed.

Cliff said...

That sounds great. I hope your little one get better soon. I don't know if the cartoon is anymore cruel.

Biking in the afternoon and a wife that give massages...oh u are living in heaven now ;)

Kewl Nitrox said...

qcmier: AMEN!

Cliff: yup, I am v blessed! :) Thanks, R1 is much betta now. Hoping he can swim tomorrow.

Chris said...

Truly great news! I'm glad that you back and kids are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Not only did God help fix your back, he was cool enough to make sure that you have a wife supportive enough to help in his plans. That's called forward thinking on God's part.

Toddler Pol is having his own little bout with another cold. I woke up at 2:30 a.m. to find him playing with trucks and stuffed animals. He said he couldn't sleep. I helped the little guy calm down and get to sleep, but have no idea how long he'd been up.

Fe-lady said...

Glad you are better...and By the way, you don't need cable to watch the Xterra show! It's on the major channel that is carrying the SUper Bowl (Whichever one THAT may be!)

Sixteen Chickens said...

Ummm I think you owe your wife a backrub now. :)

New York City Mirrors said...

Hi thanks for sharring this