Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Bargain!

Old Nitrox can't pass up on a good bargain and so when I saw this last pair of cute New Balance running shoes clearing for USD$9, I grabbed them! Praise God, I have been looking at them for a year, and refusing to pay the original USD$40 - Been meaning to get them as R1 has a pair that he is fast outgrowing and R2 still runs around in his sandals. Turns out they are the perfect size so in a few months R1 will grow into these new shoes and R2 gets R1's old shoes (poor R2 is always getting hand-me-downs, such is the fate of the younger brother). Now if I can only persuade them to go for a run.... :)

Been another good training week - this is a PR in terms of # of training sessions - I don't think I can do more than 4-5 sessions a week. Have yet to update my training log in the side bar (will do that tomorrow), but here's a quick sum-up:
  • Mon - Swam 1.5km (60x25m), 44mins 18sec
  • Tues - Ran 5km (Yup, I finally used the office gym at lunch), approx 30mins
  • Wed - Rest
  • Thurs - Ran 10.2km, approx 1hr 10 mins
  • Fri - Rest
  • Sat - Swim Drills. Warm-up: Swim 10x25m, Drills: 5 x (4x25m kicking, 4x25m swimming), Swim: 16x25m. Total = 1,650m
  • Sun - Still can't decide if I should take a nap or go for a ride. :)

Decisions, decisions...

11 comments:

Cliff said...

Praise God for the bargain...

I like thank you for your encouragment..will run in the cold tomorrow ;)...so head wind?? :D.yeah i am nuts.

Cliff said...

If the weather is good i will go for a ride. Nothing beats a nice sun afternoon bike ride.....

Kewl Nitrox said...

Cliff, you are a monster, that's all I'm gonna say... Hold on tight to the bike in the cross wind. ;)

it's only fuel said...

Sounds like you had a great training week so far. I agree with Cliff...if the weather is nice, get on the bike. However, this being said from the lazy woman who only did one workout this week and is sitting her lazy ass on the couch...for the second day in a row! I'm so lame!

Anonymous said...

Good job with the swim drills! Gotta keep it up! Did you do any stroke drills as well?

Kewl Nitrox said...

Sorry guys/gals, the nap won. :(

Keith, I have not been doing stroke drills, only kicking drills...

Anonymous said...

At first, I thought you were talking about YOUR shoes, and I was going to ask you to start shopping for me. I use two pair of Asics Gel Kayano XI and both are accumulating mileage quickly. At $135 a pair, it's a painful proposition to have both go at one time.

Toddler Pol has a pair of Skecher running shoes ($10 or so) and he puts them to good use running everywhere he can.

Great training week. It can be a real challenge to juggle everything in the midst of family time.

qcmier said...

I like the pic.

If R2 complains about hand-me-downs you can tell him that he is lucky R1 isn't an older sister.

Sixteen Chickens said...

I was going to say go for the nap, but you already did, so I guess that means you have to go for the bike now. ;)

Steven said...

Nice week of training. Keep at it!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Tom, I ain't that good a bargain hunter. :) Just thot it would be cool to let R1 have running shoes "like Dad's". :)

qcmier, heh heh you are rite. That's me by the way, one sibling and it is my older sister.

wylee, hey that is just wat I am gonna do this afternoon. ;)

Steven, thanks for the encouragement!