Monday, December 05, 2005

5 Hour Transition!

Sunday was a Great day and a round up to a good week. It started with my son telling me "Jesus is my super hero, he is better than superman or batman or the incredibles!". :)

I had intended to go for a bike/run brick when my kids were napping in the afternoon, but my wife wanted to take the boys swimming, so I had to scrap the idea and head home after my usual 50km ride. After the kids went to bed though, I managed to sneak out for a 9km run. So I like to think of it a bike/run brick with a 5 hour transition - to bring the kids swimming, have dinner, and put them to bed! :)

5 comments:

Recovering Alumni said...

Glad you were able to get that run in! Hope your actual transition times in the race are a bit shorter.

;)

Anonymous said...

I'm having a bit longer transition, called "Getting the baby home and into a routine."

I intended on hitting the YMCA, this morning, until I found out that my firstborn has a doctor appointment. We are concerned about one foot being slightly "toed-in" and I want to go. So, I had to be at work by 6 a.m. Not a lot of time left in the morning after that.

I'm anxious to get back into the swing of training. It's almost frightening because I'm a bit bothered by the fact that my swimming training has been thrown off. Scary.

Cliff said...

Sounds like a Pentahlon to me.

Bike,
Take Kids Swimming,
Dinner,
Put them to bed,
Run.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Thanks Mica/Cliff, I had fun. It felt like a really LONG brick. :)

Tom, what are you doing worrying about your training? You should be staying home enjoying fatherhood (again) for a couple of weeks!

Anonymous said...

Pentathlon. That's hilarious. Of course, any non-parents are going, "What?"

Nitrox, I'm only keeping my morning training sessions. My son is asleep at that time, and my daughter, if awake, is only interested in eating. My mother-in-law is in town to help out with late night feedings. That gives me time to think about training. Sometimes.