Thursday, July 06, 2006

YouTube Rocks!

But before that, thanks for all the helpful advice in response to my last post and please do keep them coming. You all know I need all the help I can get! :)

Like I said, a lot of very wise and encouraging comments, and the general concensus seems to be

  1. Keep the bike shoes - the efficiency gain is worth the hassle.
  2. Keeping the shoes on the pedals for a running start and hop on is tough and probably as painful as it looks. :) So I think I will stick to running around in my cleats for now...
  3. Lot's of good advice about bricks. The intention is to get used to running after the bike, so I can actually just squeeze in a short (15 mins) run after I bike to get my legs used to running after biking. Also, first concentrate on building an aerobic base, then when I am 2-3 months from the event, I start focusing on speedwork (intervals) and strength?
  4. As expected, I need to run MORE, but not to get too obsessed by speed too early on. I particularly like Jessie's reminder that "intervals are my friends". :)


Thanks Guys/Gals, you are a GREAT bunch!


Okay, onto the video... so I decided to try posting a video straight from my phone to YouTube, and hey, it actually works!

Here's a video of R1 and R2 grooving to a hip Korean song courtesy of our number one Korean soap opera fan - Winnie!

(In case you are new to YouTube, click on the play button in the middle of the screen. Sorry about the picture size, it's a small file from my phone so the resolution is pretty poor...)

">

And specially for family and friends, click here for the extended version. If you follow this link, you may want to click on the button right next to "Size:" at the right bottom of the player to make the screen smaller and more visible. Enjoy!

That's all folks, that's taken the time for my 10km run tonight, so I guess today is a rest day for me. :) Train safe and God Speed!

5 comments:

Cliff said...

Kewl,

Your kids are so cute. I guess their natural dancing talents are from their dad :).

Depending how fit you are, you might want to spend 2 or 3 weeks to work on your speed. I am not expert at this so don't quote me. For my half ironman, i should take a 2 week taper. I guess for olmypic, take a 1 week taper?..

So basically train hard for 2-3 weeks.t.hen taper than race?..i am sure other blogmites are better than this than me.

Deb said...

That video is hysterical! Soak em up.... they WILL grow up way to fast.

Robin said...

Oh my goodness! Is "G" R1 or 2? This dude's got the moves on!
:)

Unknown said...

You got some great advice in that last post. There is a ton of support out here in blogland so I will just encourage you to keep pushing the boundaries and have faith, which I know you do. Nice video of the kids.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Thanks guys/gals, the one with "G" on his shirt is R1, he's the one with all the moves. R2 is learning fast too. I think it's the mother's genes becoz I have 2 left feet. :)