Saturday, April 08, 2006

What A Week!

NancyToby said in her post that it is hard to post about life and training without seeming like we are either bragging or complaining, and I tend to agree. So, I am hoping that my dear blogging buddies will take this post as sharing about a tough week and not bragging!

To start with, you know that I am having a tough week at work when lunch is fast food consumed over emails more than once... Yet, because I am heading to Incredible India (Delhi) again, there is so much to be done before I am out for a week again. Praise God that I am well on the way to getting all of it done:

  • Managed to meet all work expectations this week. Will finish my last action point (clearing my email inbox) on the 5.5hr night flight to Delhi. Yay!

  • My gear must be getting old (like their owner). Had to send a lot of stuff for servicing this week
    - Aqua Sphere Seal Swim Mask: Somehow I managed to dislodge the lens from the silicon skirt. I am guessing that letting R1 use it in the bath for rough play may not be part of the product design specifications. ;) (Sorry I know this picture has been posted before, but I can't resist - he is too cute!)
    - Digital camera: Blasted thing broke in the midst of our Christmas holiday - reason #326 for getting a camera phone. ;) Just haven't been able to send it for servicing since, and Mrs Nitrox is not impressed with my procrastination.
    - Heart Rate Monitor: I was having some problems with my Polar 625X - somehow the watch cannot detect my heart rate from the chest strap. I must report that the guys at Polar Singapore have fantastic customer service - from the phone call to getting it there and having it serviced, they made me feel so welcome that I was telling myself that I am glad I chose a Polar. Turns out the problem was just dirty contacts on the chest strap buckle which they cleaned, and on top of that they opened up & serviced the watch (the "beep" was getting soft) and waterproof tested the watch!


  • Still on track for a 5-training-session week (as you can see from my training log in the side bar, somehow I just can't seem to get past 4 training sessions a week):
    - Mon: Ran 5km in the office gym
    - Tues: Rest (Worked late) :(
    - Wed: Swim (Kick Drills) 10x25m warm up, 200m kicking. Had to stop due to lack of time
    - Thurs: Ran 10.9km outdoors
    - Fri: Rest (Care Group gathering. Check out my desert - extra THICK and fluffy toast with peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk! A "special" at the Tong Shui Cafe we went to. As Sean said, this must surely be the ultimate recovery food!)
    - Sat (today): Praying that the weather will permit me to do my 50km Bike
    - Sun: Plan to swim 1.5km
    Also plan to sneak in a run or bike somehow on Monday before flying off to Delhi.

  • Amidst all that, still managed to sneak in some fun with R1 and R2!

So that's my week folks. God willing, I will get my 5-training-session week breakthough this week! Will update my training log early next week from India so do check back to see if I made it.

Meanwhile, take care, train hard and God Speed!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the encouragement. You seem to have a lot of things that need repair. Why is it when something breaks, everything else breaks too?

Kewl Nitrox said...

Ha ha... Good point. I guess I am not the sort of person who knows how to preserve his/her gear for a long time. Somehow, I break stuff.. :( My marriage and kids are thankfully exceptions! Praise God!

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Wow, what a week. I was tired reading about it...lol. That is a cute picture and the desert looks & sounds yummy.

Have a great trip!

Robin said...

Good luck--you WILL get through to 5 x /week. In good time.

Nancy Toby said...

Thanks for the link! And have a wonderful trip! Hope you can get some sleeping done on the flight!!

qcmier said...

Tonight's episode of The Simpson's had Homer making a business trip to Incredible India and I immediately thought of Kewl Nitrox and his upcoming trip. Have a great trip.

You make a lot of great points and always seem to have something worth reading on your blog. Keep it up!!!

Is that a T series IBM laptop? I've got one of those that has a lot of miles on it.

Anonymous said...

hahah eh, tri training shld be fun and enjoyable. So 4 times a week aint shabby... i sat on my fat ass the entire weekend - no cycling no gym. :(