Friday, October 28, 2005

Why "Kewl Nitrox"?

Ok, I have been asked enough times "Why do you have such a 90's name?" that I will post an explanation.

Ol' Nitrox started a website in the (you guessed it) 90's and the name has stuck ever since. The site has since been removed by GeoCities (Yahoo), but it was mainly about my youthful passion in cars. The idea then was to choose a name based on my two passions (then) - cars and scuba diving, and nitrox was a common thread in both. Why "Kewl"? Well... That was just a 90's thing, like "rawk on!". ;)

So there!

3 comments:

:) said...

First visit to your site, but I gotta say: Awesome! I will definitely be bookmarking this one...

Keep up the great work!

Cliff said...

I am glad to see a Christian brother (much older brother :) ) to be participating in triathlon on the other side of the globe :D.

You are only doing sprint distance now, who knows maybe one day u will be doing ironman :).

Kewl Nitrox said...

HI!

flatman: The pumpkin pics were great - My boys (3 & 5) loved them! And what's this about mixing it up with the great GH? Some people have all the luck...

cliff: Thanks! Not sure about Ironman, but will try Olympic distance next year. Well, maybe...

Hope you guys won't mind me adding your cool blogs to my links!