Saturday, October 29, 2005

I am going SOFT!

In more ways than one... Today marks one whole week since the Corporate Triathlon and I have not exercised at all! Brought the boys to their swimming class yesterday (Isn't it strange that kids would listen to the trainer but not to Daddy?), but I couldn't even bring myself to do more than a few fast laps.

Where is the motivation and self discipline? I have been surfing blogs of Christian Triathletes, Triathlon Dads, Triathlon Rookies, etc trying to spur myself onto the next swim/bike/run.

The pain, the endlessness of the training, the futility of it all... And is this a cold/sore throat I feel coming on? Maybe I should rest more... Afterall, I am still only doing Sprint Tris, should I just give up? Been trying to remind myself...
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

HELP!

2 comments:

Cliff said...

There is discipline to train and a discipline to rest. We are often hard it harder to not train than to train. Isn't that ironic?? :)

You just did a tri and it is good to take some time out away. As triathletes we are often overtrain than undertrain. Spend sometime with the kids, wife, church. Do normal stuff.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Thanks Cliff, I had a good break.

Went for a 45km hard ride on Sat and came back wondering if I can actually survive a Olympic Distance triathlon... Age is catching up, I used to be able to go 100km or more, no trouble. All the more reason to lean on the Lord!