Friday, October 14, 2005

Christian Music Internet Radio


I am stuck in some foreign city working over a couple of weekends, so I have some time to surf the 'net, and of course to run & swim (alas, my bike stays in Singapore) - did I mention that the Corporate Triathlon is in 8 days?!?! Miss my wife and the kids though, sigh…

While trying out internet radios a couple of weeks ago, I came across an internet radio site http://www.cmradio.net/, which hosts some pretty cool Christian music. Been stuck on it since – I even bought a set of headphones for my notebook so I can tune in wherever I am in my business travels. My favourite channel on the site is “The Best Mix” – a cool blend of comtemplary Christian music, definitely not the hyms and hill songs that ol’ nitrox is used to. ;) Sorry for my ignorance, but it is indeed refreshing for me to find a source of different types of Christian music that rivals the selection of secular music on the airwaves today. Two favourite tracks that I now keep a listening hear for are
1. “Complete” by Andy Chrisman From: “One” (2004) – very cool track. [Click here to have a listen to snippets from the album.]
2. “Omega” by Rebecca St James From: “Prayer” – Rebecca has a voice that certainly attracts attention, and I find the lyrics of the song to be very encouraging. [Click here to have a listen to snippets from the album.]

This site has been a real blessing to me. I believe that part of being a Christian is the priviledge of enjoying the fellowship and presence of the Lord. It is probably something that a lot of us don’t do enough – just put everything aside (including the bible) for a while and just be still in His presence. I find that Christian music helps me to do that, to literally tune out the world and tune in to God. In truth, I do not truly cease all activity and tune in (as perhaps I should), but I find that just listening in to Christian tunes while at work reminds me of His love and grace, and helps me to focus on Him even in the midst of a busy day.

May the Lord's grace, peace and overwhelming love be with you this day as you strive to walk in His ways!

No comments: