Monday, February 26, 2007

No Skate Scootering...

... No Skate Scootering?!? (is there even such a word?), No Roller-blading, No Pets, No Skate-boarding, and even No Studying?!?! This sign we found at the Airport (viewing gallery) is a classic - I can't help but take a picture of it because it reminds me of just how "anal" Singapore can get. Good thing it did not say anything about screaming kids playing "A-E-I-O-U". :D (Have you played A-E-I-O-U before? Kewl game - you freeze after the "catcher" shouts "A-E-I-O-U" and run like mad once someone touches the catcher)


On the training end, I almost met my training plans at the bottom of my last post:
  • Mon: Rest
  • Tues: 7km Fun Run with R1
  • Wed: Strength Training - Leg Press, Seated Row, Bent Elbow Lat Pull-Down, Push-ups, Abs Crunch with Twist.
  • Thurs: 10km Run planned, but ran 9.2km instead (primarily because I got up late) :(
  • Fri: 2km Swim planned, but skipped in lieu of dinner with friends at the airport (see video above)
  • Sat: 50km bike / 5km run planned, but did swim drills instead - kicking and Stroke Per Length (SPL) drills
  • Sun: Fun Run or Ride with R1 planned, but did 53km ride / 4km run instead

I am heading to India tonight for the entire week, so I am aiming to run Intervals on the hotel treadmill and maybe get in a strength training session. Travelling to India always wears me out, so this trip I will try to rest a bit more. Was hoping to get in a swim before I leave, but R2 found some poo in our apartment pool last night, so I am a little apprehensive about getting in the water before the cleaners come tomorrow. Maybe I will drive out to the club pool later...

Until next time, train safe and God Speed!

8 comments:

Tri-Dummy said...

That sign is pretty funny. The dog "pic" looks like the dog has quite and underbite...probably the leash but at first glance...

Good training week!

Sixteen Chickens said...

You need a sign that says "no poo in the pool."
I wonder what the fine is for skate-scootering?

Migofast said...

I actually like intervals on a treadmill...especially when toying with the incline....run a bit of 6+% then hit 0 and feels like you're running downhill....

Sorry been gone so long....you know how life is..

Yours in christ,
-Sean

D said...

skate-scootering is definitely a new one! Nice job on your training.

Unknown said...

Okay, so I don't know what skate-scootering is supposed to mean, but "No Studying"?!?!?

(shakes head in disbelief)

Anonymous said...

I can relate to a restrictive policy in airports so people don't go about doing whatever they want and annoy others, but those strict prohibitive no-nothing-whatsoever signs are just plain ludicrous!
Now, about the a-e-i-o-u game, I gotta say the kids in the movie look like they're having so much fun... I can't resist giving it a shot later.
Cheers from Portugal,

Anonymous said...

Great sign! :) But, seriously, no studying? How does that even fit in with the other things? Weird! Happy training! :)

Unknown said...

I hope the trip to India was a good one. Definitely a good idea to stay out of that pool until it has been cleaned.

My sister went to Mexico recently and took a picture of a sign that said, No Guns or Nuclear Weapons Allowed Inside. You just never know.