Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Why You Should Never Swim with a HRM...

... at least not on a hot sunny day. And yes, it does go all the way to the front, but that would be indecent exposure. ;)

Quick training update then...
  • I managed to get in both the swim and the bike/run last Sat and Sun as planned, but the distances were a little shorter than planned - I did 1.6km swim and 53km bike / 4km run against the planned 2km swim and 50km bike / 5km run.

This week may also slip from a training week into a semi-rest week as I am feeling a tiny bit of sore throat and runny nose. My plan is to do run some intervals in the hotel gym and maybe some strength training this evening and see how I feel after that.

Mrs Nitrox and I have always thought of Valentine's Day as an artifical occasion created to boost cards, chocolates and flower sales. :) Well, this Valentine's I will be alone in Manila, but my thoughts will be with those who are dear to me.

Train safe, God Speed and hope you have a great Valentine's with your loved ones.

9 comments:

tryathlete said...

I wonder what it looks like at the front. It reminds me of NS CO parades with smart 4 and then afterwards you look like you've been wearing arm stockings.

Hope you feel better soon! Happy CNY!

Anonymous said...

Love the "tan line". Hope you're feel better soon, it's better to rest while you're feeling a cold coming on then trying to push yourself!

Iron Pol said...

Well, a tan line from a HRM is a moderately sure sign that some training has been accomplished. It's like a badge of honor.

And training is training. A co-worker/training partner uses the theory that he wants to train at least 30-60 minutes 5-6 days a week. Sometimes longer on Saturdays. The longest race he's prepping for is a half-IM, and is comfortable with the training levels.

Deb said...

You are a blessed man!

Tri-Dummy said...

+1 w/Iron Pol...the new endurance stud tattoo...heart monitor tan line! I LOVE IT! :)

The family photo...fantastic. Those boys made me smile...cute little guys! God's Gifts and studly dressers, too.

Steven said...

A tan line while swimming? That's funny.

Did you wear sunscreen?!?!?

Robin said...

OOPS! haha. Hey you are not anonymous anymore. Go Look! Go Look! I also replied there, too. Blogger. is. weird.

Robin said...

oh, and feel better. remember rest if you need it. safe travels!

Unknown said...

A picture's worth a thousand words. Nice tan line! Hope you had a safe trip.