Friday, February 02, 2007

Warp Speed

Seems like everytime I am away from Blogger, life flies by at Warp Speed (or is it vice versa?). :) So much has happened that I will just give some quick snapshots:
  • Polar "Resurrection"
    Totally unrelated to the latest software upgrade, but my Polar S625x sprang a leak (one of the retaining screws came loose) and died in the midst of a swim. Product-wise, this is not good, especially as this is the second leak I have experienced in about a year. Thankfully, the folks at Polar Singapore continue to be excellent at customer service and I now have a new front case and motherboard (despite having an expired warranty). I simply have to give a shout out to Mr David Loy, service technician at Polar Singapore. His professional and helpful demeanour has restored my confidence in Polar despite the problems I have had with my HRM (2 leaks, 2 motherboards and 1 front case replaced). This is truly a case where customer service makes up for product qualifty - my next HRM will still be a Polar! :)


  • R1's Missing Front Teeth
    Yup, R1 has finally come of (elementary/primary school) age and lost the other front tooth, to make it a complete gap. :) He is reasonably proud of this latest development and is quick in telling everyone about the big news. Poor kid has to go to bed at 7:30pm and wake up at 6am daily - Mrs Nitrox gets him ready for bed while Ol' Nitrox here snoozes on to a more decent hour. Yes, yes, shame on me, the plan was for me to drag myself out of bed, help a little, and get in some training before going to bed. I'm stil working on it... :(

  • Daily Bible Reading
    While I am still in "confession" mode, I am still not consistently reading the Bible daily. I am keeping up with prayer, but still struggling to make bible reading a daily routine. It feels weird that last year I was okay with bible reading but not praying enough, and now it seems to have gone the other way. Sigh... "'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty." Zechariah 4:6
    Holy Spirit please help me grow in intimacy with you!

  • Training Update - Last week
    Only managed to get in a 6km run (intervals) at the gym, a 1.6km swim and the usual weekend 50km bike followed by 3km run. :(

  • Training Update - This week
    Monday & Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Run Intervals in Office Gym - 1km warm up, then 3 sets of (1km @ 10.5km/hr, 500m @ 8.5km/hr), and 2 sets of (1km @ 11km/hr, 500m @ 8.5km/hr). I think I might have gone too slow in the 1st 3 sets, so the last 2 sets I sped up abit. Could it be that I am finally running a little faster now? ;)
    Thursday: Strength Training (still in Anatomical Adaptation phase) - Squats (with dumb-bells) 20 reps X 3 sets, bent elbow lat pull down 20 reps X 3 sets, leg raise (knee extension) 15 reps X 3 sets, plain old push ups 20 reps X 3 sets, seated pulley rows 20 reps X 3 sets, suspended abs crunches 15 reps X 3 sets
    Friday: 1.6km Swim or 10km run (plan)
    Saturday: Rest (plan)
    Sunday: 50km Bike / 3.5km Run (plan)

That's all folks. Until next time, train safe and God Speed!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! Glad to see you're staying busy! I am on my way to the gym! Happy Training!

Cliff said...

Keep it up.

I tend to have more problem praying than reading the Bible.

Going through Acts right now...

Your son's pic remind me of me :). I lose a tooth a year ago and still haven't got it fix yet. It has taken a long time to heal. Good for dentures :D.

Unknown said...

I struggled with regular reading as well and then God did something amazing to change that. I found myself called to lead a Bible study. How could that be? Me? Someone who isn't very good about daily reading herself?

Of course with God all things are possible! Obviously, I can't very well show up and facilitate discussion without having done the reading myself during the week. So now I am pretty good about it.

Pray about it. Maybe He has something up His sleeve for you... ;)

Tri-Dummy said...

+1 w/Lisa.

Bible study, personal or group, is a great way to get back into regular study.

Cliff and I studied Nehemiah...not together, but independently at nearly the same time. What a great book on leadership! Would be a great way for you to get back into daily reading.

Make it a priority! When I'm tired in the morning, I say, "God's best or my rest?" God's Best!

Anonymous said...

No front teeth - gotta love it. :)

Good luck with the Bible reading. Remember, it's not all about you. If you don't spend time in the Bible, then you aren't "listening" as much as you are talking to God. I have to remind myself of that, too. Keep a balance - just like in training our bodies.

Unknown said...

I remember the no front teeth days and still have one more child to go through that stage. I am struggling with reading daily as well, but I am following a read the bible in a year plan and tonight is my catch up night. Keep praying and all will come together.

Deb said...

Great pic of your little guy!

tryathlete said...

Hang on, Ah Kewl - R1 is out of primary school, (I presume into Sec 1..?) and has lost his front teeth?

Kewl Nitrox said...

OOPS, sorry, must be my poor English. I was trying to say that R1 has reached Primary School age (6+) and thus lost his front teeth. :)