Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sick :(

Yes, I am sick. Not sure what it is but I have a runny nose, sore throat and I even managed to lose my voice while in Manila this week. (Sorry, I stole this photo of a Jeepney from another website - it's one of the most popular modes of transport in the Phillipines and a very common sight in Manila). Sigh... another no training week. :(

Business travels is picking up - just got back from Manila and heading to Delhi (again) next week, so decided to take the kids to the zoo today.



I just love this picture of R1 and his best buddy in the zoo today. Somehow it reminds me of the days of innocence and freedom before "cooties". ;) Seriously though, it also reminds me of life before the negativities like fears, worries, "what ifs", pressures, compromises came into our lives. Walking hand-in-hand with your best buddy in the zoo on a nice sunny day, without a care in the world, without the world on your shoulders, just KNOWING that all is taken care of - Life does not get much better than that. :)

Perhaps this is what Christ has come to give us... A very wise friend of mine remarked that if we limit Christ's salvation to just "saving us from hell", instead of "saving us into God's kingdom", we may have missed the whole point of Jesus' sacrifice. Imagine how disappointed God may be if we are still hesitating from entering into His Kingdom today, even after He has come and paid the full price of admission. Yes, TODAY, not when we eventually go to heaven, but TODAY. The kingdom of God has come. Some say that because we live in a fallen world, Christians live behind enemy lines, but I like to think of it as God's grace enabling us to have His joy and peace even now, here on earth, despite the circumstances around us.

I've shared before that Psalm 16:8-9 is my current favourite verse and I really think it is the key to God's Kingdom here and now. Here it is in two of my favourite translations:

"Day and night I'll stick with GOD; I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.
I'm happy from the inside out, and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed." Psalm 16:8-9 (The Message)

"I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure," Psalm 16:8-9 (NIV)

My prayer this week is that we train and live without fears, without doubts, without compromises, revelling in the freedom that Christ has bought us.
Safe training and God Speed! I will be bringing my running shoes to India. :)

13 comments:

Rachel said...

I hate being sick. Take this time to rest up. Hey, how do you get that nice table in your sidebar? I can't figure out the HTML code to put in my template.

Sixteen Chickens said...

That really is a sweet picture, sprinkled with sunshine. Yes, the world is beautiful, isn't it?

Kewl Nitrox said...

Hi Rachel, try this site http://wp.netscape.com/assist/net_sites/table_sample.html and do some experimentation. Thanks for reminding me to update my training log! ;)

Hi Wylee, yup, it is a wonderful world when we (I) remember to rejoice in the Lord. :)

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Seems we are both also suffering from a slight case of "training interruptous". Hope we find a cure soon. :-)

Robin said...

Kewl, I absolutely love that pic of RI and friend!! And your comment about life before cooties. Ah, life pre-cooties. Actually, when you think about it, cooties starts it all off doesn't it? Ah, if we could all go back pre-cootie days! ;)

Hope you feel better soon and that cold cootie leaves your body.

And, THANKS for the comment. I responded there, but also assume people don't go back and read comment sections once they actually comment. So, no problem about not donating. Some of my best support comes in the form of non-financial contributions. And your support is very very very much appreciated, along with the support I am getting from my other blogger-friends! It really helps me along. :) It certainly hasn't been easy, but I will finish--that is my goal for this one!

Migofast said...

Your commentary on your child and the pre-cooties kills me because I've pretty much had a near verbatim conversation in my own mind when watching my child interact with boys her age.

Also, I agree with your point on appreciating and basking in God's grace and mercy. Tes, TODAY! While as Christians we cannot be afraid to tell someone who is lost that they will not be 'spared hell' even if they lead a good life too often I think non-Christians think of Christianity as being a laundry list of things you can't do.... little do they know you only really begin to LIVE when you have come to know Christ Jesus. Praise God.

qcmier said...

Hope you feel better. I know how hard it is to travel, train, and live a life - that's one reason I "retired" from my traveling gig.

Yes when we live in Christ we are living in heaven on earth. Thanks for your thoughts.

Cliff said...

Hey Kewl,

Thanks for yoru comment during my dark days. When I say I let God take care of the future and I focus on the present, it is just like going ot the zoo without the care in the world. I remember there is a verse in the Bible (New Testatments), I think it is James, where the author writes that you don't evne know what tomorrow will bring. When do you worry about tomorrow?

That completely fits my problem. God is in charge. And I am not. I am starting to understand what it means to really put faith into God. Let him take care of all the problems, worry I might have. I just focus on the present.

D said...

Lovely post. I hope you feel better soon.

Comm's said...

Too bad about catching something. I really like the picture. I think little boys have a classic Norman Rockwell look when they wear floppy hats.

Tammy said...

today's post is all for you.... check it out. :)

Papa Louie said...

Words of Grace to sustain. Peace, In Him. Hope your feeling better.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Hi Dawn, I'm back in the saddle - literally - went for a bike ride today. :)

Hi Robin, I so KNOW you are gonna do it.

Sean/qcmier, well said. Amen!

Hey Cliff, you got it right. Focus on the present and trust Him. Glad to see you are back in the sunlight. :)

dgc, thanks!

Comm, yes they do, don't they. :)

Hey t-metz, BIG THANKS for the post. I am very tempted to go get the ROTOR Q ring. Can't afford the entire ROTOR crankset. :(

papa louie, thanks for your kind prayer!