Friday, March 24, 2006

Breakfast of Champions

Inspired by Sean and his yummy breakfast, I was after peanut butter & honey on toast for breakfast while in India (2nd trip this month). For some reason, the hotel does not have peanut butter so I had to settle for honey & butter on toast. Sweet!

Still not feeling 100% - still not much of a voice, but I did squeeze in a 5km in the hotel gym treadmill despite the long working days in Delhi. Will start to pick up training again this weekend after being sick last week.

I realised upon re-reading my post on the last India trip that I may not have been fair to Delhi and India. It is a beautiful country, I just don't get to see the beautiful sights like the Taj Mahal (a few hours drive from Delhi) while business trips. On the contrary, what I see is life in the city - congestion, dust, lots and lots of people... I actually prefer observing how "real" people live in the cities I visit rather than go to the tourist places.


Talking about real people, while on the road in Delhi, I came upon this family moving - there has been a couple of tri-bloggers who have moved or are moving lately, so here is a suggestion on how move everything and the family in one go. ;) We may think it is dangerous, dusty, uncomfortable, etc, but the family seems happy enough. Once again, joy is something that comes within and not without.
Had to snap the pictures in a hurry on my camera phone while we were driving past, so please excuse the reflection of the car seat in the 1st picture.

On the family front, R1 still has not fully recovered from the cold/flu he caught in Malaysia. In fact he now has both an ear infection and conjunctivitis (pink eyes). The poor lad has been thru a spiel of colds/infections and hates the eye drops, so he is not the happiest camper at home. At least he enjoys his abacus (ancient Chinese calculator - a skill I never did learn). ;)



Train safe everyone, and God Speed!

10 comments:

Cliff said...

Your son is using an abacus? Old school :).

That's great haha. Now I am tempted to eat pb and honey with bread for breakfast as well...

Comm's said...

If he has pink eye you might as well go and get the medicine yourself. Someone in the fam will get it.

If people don't think you gave their city or country a fair shake, so be it.

My breakfast of champions lately has been coffee and a powerbar triple threat.

Migofast said...

ahhh pink eye I just got that 2 weeks ago because I was lazy about my contacts! Im brain dead.

Im heading down to the whole foods store tomorrow to find some almond butter Im going to try and make the switch from peanut to almond. Frightening I know. Although my Ironman breakfast was almond butter and honey on a whole wheat pita. Not as good as it sounds trust me ;) I've had a conquering spirit lately I switched to decaf this week and survived so I think (crossed fingers) I can make this switch too.

ALSO, sorry for the long comment but I looked up how to make Kaya so hopefully in honor of you Im going to mix me up a batch over the weekend will let you know how that goes. Translated: my grandmother is in town Im going to see if SHE can figure it out ;)

Kewl Nitrox said...

Hey Cliff, yup, very old school indeed and coming back into fashion in Asia - supposed to be good for mental arithmatic. ;)

Thanks Susan!

Hey Comm, I know it is very contageous but I am praying daily for protection for the rest of us. God is bigger than conjunctivitis!

Hi Sean, Almond butter sounds... hmmm.. scary! :) Good luck with the kaya - it is a lot of work (needs constant stiring to prevent the sugar from getting burnt while cooking). I suggest you save your grandma some work and stick to your almond butter. ;)

Papa Tweet said...

Those pictures are really incredible. Inthe second one, the guy has a huge smile on his face. Makes you think of what we have and what we "need" to make us happy. Kind of sad really. I stared at those pictures for quite a while. Thanks for the lesson in perspective. That guy was probably owndering why you were holding your phone up to them.
Benny

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I love peanut butter on toast or a bagel for breakfast or even a snack. I've never been crazy about honey.

Kewl Nitrox said...

Benny, how true, how true... A very introspective picture for me too...

Dawn, must confess I have a (maybe more than one) sweet tooth. ;)

it's only fuel said...

I absolutely adore peanut butter and honey! Oh, now it's your turn to make me drool over food photos, eh?

qcmier said...

I never practiced using an abacus; it is collecting dust now. His actually has a different number of beads than the one I have.

Hope you and your family get healthy soon.

Migofast said...

I bought the almond butter guess what one little jar cost $14!!! I dont know how that translates in singapore but here a jar of pb is about $3....better start looking around online for cheap almond butter.