Saturday, March 04, 2006

Impressionist Playdoh

Old nitrox ain't much of an artist - I am the only one I know who failed art in elementary school - but have a look at this PlayDoh creation by my R1 which he has named "Tiger in Australia". I dare say there may yet be some artistic gene in my family line after all. R1 did say that the yellow sun is supposed to be up in the sky, but an artist is often limited by the medium. :)

Just to be fair (and to concede to my vanity), R2 wants to submit this picture of me in what he calls my "thin man costume" - he thinks I magically gets thin when I wear this bargain basement USD$9 BODS bodyknit top (clearance sale - remember how old nitrox can't pass up on a bargain?). My wife, in all her political incorrectness, just calls this my "gay suit". Tsk... tsk...

As anticipated, training this week took a hit due to my India trip. All I managed to do was a 6km run in the gym while in India and some swim drills last night. Somehow I had foot cramps in the middle of my kicking drills - started with my big toe and went down to the bridge of my foot, so I had to stop sooner than expected. :( I am hoping to do a 10km run and a 50km ride this weekend, but the trouble with being away is that when I am back, I try to spend more time with the family, so getting both the run and bike in may be a challenge. Will update my training log tomorrow so you will know if I made it or not...

Incidentally, as a "postlude" to my posts about India: The recent email update I received from The Voice of the Martyrs quotes Gospel for Asia (GFA) as saying that "the level of persecution against Christians in India has reached new levels in early 2006, as Hindu extremists work to incite violence against believers. The fight centers on Hindutva, literally "Hinduness," a growing ideology that has a purely Hindu nation as its goal. At a recent large rally, Hindu nationalists called on the states to make their own anti-conversion laws." This probably explains why one of the taxi drivers kept speaking to us in Hindi and was rather rude when we told him we don't understand/speak Hindi! A timely reminder of how blessed we are to be in countries where there is religious freedom and relative harmony, and I guess also a good reminder to keep our Christian brothers & sisters under persecution in prayer support.

10 comments:

D said...

Wow - you really are a traveling man! For the record, your bargain shirt looks good!

Run Strong!

Cliff said...

Great sharing Kewl...yeah i iwll defnitely pray for them.

I have the same foot cramps once at the pool too. Curly Su suggest to stretch before.

If that is your gay suit, then your wife has married a man with a gay suit? :)

Sixteen Chickens said...

"but an artist is often limited by the medium"
Wow! R1 is a genius! :)

Thanks for your kind thoughts on my blog yesterday. I appreciate it.

Sometimes I get a cramp in my foot while swimming too, and nothing I do will make it go away.

TriDaddy said...

Great post. I could really relate to it. I was the only kis in elementary not to make the choir. My kids seem pretty musical... maybe there's a music gene in me somewhere!

qcmier said...

Thanks for "postlude."

Hope the foot feels better.

it's only fuel said...

As I was looking at the Play-Doh artistry, I was thinking..that tiger looks like it's in Australia! Not kidding:)

Your wife is funny! I don't think tri tops on their own are bad at all, but I do think that one-piece suits are terribly...urm...ghey:D

:) said...

Gay suit. I am so glad that my wife is not the only one that makes fun of tri and cycling clothing...

Gotta love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Your wife is hilarious! Such a stereotype and how untrue!!! She shld be glad that you can look THAT good in the top.

Comm's said...

oh ouch, toe cramps from swimming. My toes are curling just reading that. I wish I had a shirt that made me look thin. Lucky.

Papa Louie said...

Yes, we need to pray, Lord, your kingdom come on earth... Lord, supply mercy and grace to our fellow brothers and sisters under persecution from the hindu extremists.