Friday, November 04, 2005

Minor Gains...

So how much is this "minor improvement" in my Corporate Triathlon timing over my OSIM Sprint Triathlon attempt? Being the geek that I am, I actually did up a small spreadsheet which says:

SWIM:
3% Improvement - Marginal, I thot it would be more than that since I front crawled the whole distance. I did feel a lot more comfortable both during and after the swim compared to OSIM (no cramps and sense of vomiting after swim this time), but I am pretty disappointed with the minor improvement here. Boy do I need those swimming lessons! :(

BIKE:
11% Improvement - Whoa! This is pretty huge considering that I did not ride much at all (a total of 8 rides in almost 4 months!). It was also a technically slower distance (they halved the course and doubled the number of laps from OSIM). So I gotta attribute it to the Scott CR1. Probably also helped that I eased up a bit on the swim so this time I did not have to slow down because of cramps, etc...

RUN:
7% Improvement - Minor improvement, so the treadmill sessions while I was travelling paid off, I guess. Still trying to get below 30mins for the 1km run in a Tri/Brick though...

OVERALL:
8% Improvement - Like I said, minor improvement, which is probably in line with the training level that I put in.

Tri on!

2 comments:

Papa Tweet said...

Maybe your swim time increase of 3% is marginal because you saved a little energy for the ride. You probably aren't as far behind on the swim as you think. Keep up the good work, hope you find the motivation to keep going!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Thanks iron benny, will keep coming to your blog for motivation. :)