Thursday, June 14, 2007

Long Weekend in Malaysia

There it is, ladies & gentlemen, I am doubly blessed these 2 weeks - R1 & R2 (yellow hats) has got their cousins T1 & T2 (blue hats) visiting from the States. :-) This is them going up the commando net in one of the nature parks in Malaysia and I am looking forward to a few more excursions in Singapore in the coming week!

On the training side, I managed to get both the long brick and swim in last week, so Week 8 of 15 was another 6/6 week! All thanks to my Father-In-Law, who was kind enough to bring me to his club on Sunday. Can anyone tell me why there is a empty pool in tropical (read: hot) Malaysia on a Sunday morning? I was initially worried that the pool was abandoned - the pumps were not working and there was algae on the bottom and sides. Yuck! But sure enough, halfway thru my swim, other swimmers started appearing and I felt a bit better. Instead of swimming 2km, I decided to do a 1.6km time trial and finished in 40mins, which is a confidence booster, given that the swim cut-off for OSIM Tri seems to be 40 mins (1.5km). I would love to be faster, but will be happy to just make the cut-off this time. :-)

Until next time, train safe and God Speed!

9 comments:

Linda said...

That pool looks good to me!

Fe-lady said...

Nice pool- hope you are having some nice family and vacation time in Malaysia! (and great training too!)

Robin said...

awesome awesome on the 6/6! Also, mice job on the long brick and the SWIM! That's great news. You will totally be fine on the swim if that is your time for 1.6 km. That pool looks relaly nice in the pic. The algae woudl have freaked me a bit, too.

Finally, I love that picture of R1 & R2 with T1 and T2. And, okay, I never thought to ask what "R" stands for until I saw the "T". Hmmmm....would you explain? Or shall it remain a mystery.

Again, Great job, Kewl. You will have a blast at your tri, no doubt!!

Robin said...

oops...that should be Nice job! Hopefully there were no mice swimming with you in the pool.....

Sixteen Chickens said...

That pool looks so.... inviting! And the kids look like they are having a great time! I know you will make the cut-off!

Anonymous said...

Fun picture of the climbing kids! :)

Sounds like the swimming is going well! Glad to hear it.

Enjoy the cousins' visit!

Unknown said...

That pool looks awesome. Sounds like you are doing well with the swim. Keep at it!!

Unknown said...

Nice job going 6/6. I am not much of a swimmer, but the pool looks quite inviting to me as well.

Rachel said...

Great swim! Also, very cute pics of the boys. Happy Father's Day, by the way!