Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Week 6 of 15

Sorry for another post-dated reported on last week. It's getting tough to keep a balance on work, family and blogging nowadays. Been getting stressed out at work with the merger now at the stage of forming my team - organisation and people. It ain't easy trying to be fair to everyone, setting expectations, conforming to changing HR and global guidelines, AND getting the right people for the new organisation.

Anywayz, the good news is that I had another 6/6 week!
  • Mon: Swim Intervals - 550m Warm Up, 6 X (110m sprint, 30s recovery), 550m Cool Down.
  • Tues: Run Intervals (Dreadmill) - 15 mins warm up, 4 X (3min@11km/hr, 3min@8.5km/hr), 15 mins cool down;
    Strength Training - Leg Press, Seated Row, Bent Elbow Lat Pull Down, Push-ups, Bicycle (Abs).
  • Wed: Rest
  • Thurs: 13.3km @ 8.7km/hr - Longest run ever!
  • Fri/Sat: Unscheduled Rest - Work & family calls.
  • Sun: Long Swim - 2km (I have now reached my long swim distance goal and will focus more on speed in the coming weeks);
    Brick - 52 km bike / 7km run - Longest brick run ever!

The bad news is that I have developed a sore throat since the long brick on Sunday. :( I have not been sleeping well - too much stress at work and at home (merger at work, and R1 has been getting a little out of control lately) - and I think the lack of sleep and breakthrough workouts may have caught up with me. So Mon and today (Tues) will be rest days for me, and I will get back to strength training and swim intervals the next couple of days and hopefully be able to get back to aerobic training soon. Sore throats are usually the first indication of a coughing/runny nose infection for me, so please pray for speedy recovery!

Until next time, train safe and God Speed everyone!

7 comments:

tryathlete said...

Congratulations on the long run and long brick. I can't think of where one can get 52km of space to bike in SG without being honked at by some "ORD-loh!" goondu in a Merc.

Hope your throat clears up soon and you find more of a balance in all areas of your life.

Robin said...

Yes, REST. Get rid of the sore throat before it turns into something larger. Rest rest. Breathe. Things are hectic here at work, too. Striving for a good balance is what we can do.

AND THANKS for your swim comment on my site. Very helpful.

Robin said...

PS: What is 2 km/52 km/7 km in miles? Stupid American girl who doesn't know the metric system too well wants to know....

Either way, I know it is LOOONG, so a BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU! We're making our way up there in distance! woo-hoo!

TRI Vortex said...

Looks like someone could have used some "Airborne".

Linda said...

Lysine! It works to get rid of sore throats. Boosts the immune system. At least for me. Be well!

Tri-Dummy said...

Emergen C...1000mg of vitamin c every day keeps the sickness away.

Great cartoon!!

Unknown said...

sore throats are no good! Take care of yourself.

you'll appreciate those bricks come race day!!