Monday, April 30, 2007

Week 2 of 15

Week 2 went well, considering I had a business trip to Jakarta. But before that, please allow me to share R1 & R2's latest creations of which I am immensely proud. On the left is R1's attempt at Pop Art, while R2 painted a duck who loves his boots so much that he wears them even on sunny days. :-) (sorry for the formatting, can't get the pictures to aligh properly...)







  • Mon: Long Run 11km (Yes, that's a long run in my books.) :-)
  • Tues: Swim Intervals 8 X (110m sprint, 30s recovery) (Yes, it was a pool with a weird length)
  • Wed: Run Intervals 6 X (1min hill sprint, 2min active recovery)
  • Thurs: Long Swim 1.8km, Strength Training (Leg Press, Seated Row, Bent Elbow Lat Pull-down, Push-ups, Abs Crunch with Twist)
  • Fri: Rest (return trip from Jakarta)
  • Sat: Unscheduled rest day (family commitments)
  • Sun: 52.2km ride / 6.2km run (Brick)

So in short, I am thankful to report that Week 2 of 15 is again 6/6! :-) I had to take my scheduled rest day last Sunday on Saturday instead - BEFORE my Week 2 bike/run instead of AFTER, which should make this week's training interesting... Also adding to the challenge this week is a 4 day business trip to Bangkok, which will again push my swims, long run and ride to the beginning and end of this week. I will be travelling with my boss, who is recovering from bronchitis, so I will be praying for good health this week!

Thanks for following me on my 15 week journey. I also did a bit of shopping, and got some new rubbers and gels (sorry, no kinky stuff, I am a Singaporean) this week, but more on that next time. Until then, train safe and God Speed!

11 comments:

Steven said...

Excellent job being consistent in your training of late.

That is going to pay off for you very soon. Keep it going!

Robin said...

OKAY, you have posted about rubbers on at least three sites now (that I have seen) haha! I responded on my site in comments, but will also add here a big THANK YOU for the technical advice. I will fiddle around with that this week and see what I can do. Hopefully, I will be successful.

Great job on your training. I keep reading your workouts, saying "Crap! I need an official training plan." Don't have one. I cannot beleive it. Good work!

Oh, and cool art from the kids!

Robin said...

oh -- i've no plan, but I do feel more consistent with the bike & run as of late...i think that's good.

here's to us and consistency! like steven says!

TRI Vortex said...

Nice swims and according to your standards thats a long run for me too. Keep up the good work. What's the Oly that you are planning on doing?

Tri-Dummy said...

Keep it up, Kewl.

SWEEEEET pics from the boys, too!

Unknown said...

Congrats on another good week. 13 more to go!

Papa Louie said...

Good job on keeping your schedule. Take it one week at a time.

Unknown said...

your idea of long run is the same as my idea of long run.

Good job with your training this week!! WoooHoooo!!

Anonymous said...

Lots of great news. Good to see you're managing to keep your training so regular. That pic of R2 eating a brownie on a stick is a winner! Cheers from Portugal.

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Love the art work!

Fan of Bangkok Hotels said...

I believe that it's great experience of traveling for whoever have traveled in Asia countries because they have learned, appreciated and touched to true cultural human. Those things have made people having opened-mind and worldwide on the point of view.... Thank you for your contribution.