Thursday, January 11, 2007

Good News... Bad News...

Good News...
  • Function won over Form - we decided on the Giant YJ251 instead of the Schwinn Stingray. That's R1 with his new champagne Giant YR251 and R2 with the rainbow Polygon 16" MTB just taken over from his brother. The YR251 seems to be Giant's "low cost" Asia only model, as opposed to the more popular MTX125 available in the more affluent parts of the world. In comparision, the MTX125 costs twice as much but comes with 7 speed and a ALUXX frame, while the YR251 comes with 6 speed and a steel frame. I decided to let R1 use the heavier bike and grow some leg muscles. :D
  • The weather in Sydney has been simply beautiful - between 20C to 25C. I managed to finish my work 1/2 day earlier so I get to visit my sis-in-law while I am here. It will be a long train ride (3 hours) but well worth it to see her, her family and the new house!

Bad News...

  • Too many wonderful muffins, brownies, and coffee in the day, and great food, beer, wine at night. Coupled by NO exercise at all this week means I am starting to feel heavy. :(


  • Looks like this planned rest week will be followed by another unplanned rest week - I just found out that I am heading to Munich next week. Sigh... I am really not looking forward to the long economy flight, and another week of too much food/beer/wine and too little exercise.

I plan to squeeze in a tough weekend of training (as soon as I get home on Saturday evening)before I have to leave for Germany. Yawn... It's almost midnite here in Sydney, so I'm off to bed. ZZzzzzzzz... Train safe and God Speed!

3 comments:

qcmier said...

Please have some leberknodel soup for me while in Bavaria. Safe travels.

Unknown said...

You're going to have to double your training efforts when you return back home with all that food and beer. Sounds enjoyable though.

Anonymous said...

I love food! You are sure getting around! Be safe in your travels!