Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Adventures of the Intrepid Economy Class Traveller...

[Sorry, have to make a post-publish edit as I forgot to update on the Intentional Discipleship front.]

Some of you may remember that I sometimes joking call myself the travelling salesman. Well the truth of the matter is that it's much worse than that. I am actually the travelling sales SUPPORT man (a.k.a. egghead) so aptly represented by Dilbert in the cartoon above. :D

Sorry for being away from the blogsphere for so long - both posting and reading/commenting. I have been on the road again the last 3 weeks in Indonesia and Japan, where I found this curious contraption in the hotel bathroom. Sorry that the picture is not very clear, but the item I circled is actually a REMOTE CONTROL for the toilet! The Japanese sure take their toilets very seriously, and I seem to have the "deluxe" model which comes with a heated seat and the remote control - makes my home toilet seem rudimentary by comparision! :D

Just in case you are curious about the functions of the toilet, here is a close up of the remote. Can't vouch for all the functions, except that the heated seat is fabulous early in the morning in an air-conditioned hotel room. :)

On the training front, I am getting very nervous that the New Balance Real Run is this coming Sunday. Have not trained much at all in the last 3 weeks thanks to my cattle class travels and a sniffling cold/cough thingy - just one of those things that parents pick up from their kids from time to time. When I did the practice run 3 weeks ago, I found the 1.6km beach run smack in the middle of the 10km run to be a real energy sapper. The usual hot and humid conditions in Singapore did not help either. Here's hoping that I will improve on my practice run time of 65mins.

Until the race report, take care, train safe, and God Bless!

P.S. (Sorry about the post-publish edit!)
On the Intentional Discipleship front, I have a confession to make. I have been meaning to put onto the blog my QT Scripture Readings and prayer items alongside my training log (side bar), but I have been so inconsistent lately with QT that I am now too embarassed to do that. Please pray for me - that I will be dilligent in my daily QT because I really cannot afford to continue missing them!
This month, I am taking on the lively topic of "Pre-Tribulation Rapture - What does the Bible say?" in my Care Group meetings. Pre-Tribulation Rapture is the belief that Jesus will take the Church up to heaven with Him before all the bad stuff starts in the 7 year Tribulation period (described in the book of Revelations). I must admit that I am still sitting on the fence on this one, but if anyone is interested in a set of SIMPLE (and I stress SIMPLE) notes on the subject, please email me and I will be more than happy to share our findings.

9 comments:

Cliff said...

High tech...

do they still uses toilet paper in japan? :)

Steven said...

Good luck at your race! I'm looking forward to your RR.

Iron Pol said...

The pastor and I will be tackling Revelations in Sunday School class, this year. We went through the rest of the Bible, last year, and decided to save Revelations for the beginning of this year.

Pre-Tribulation, Post-Tribulation, prophetic, historic, allegorical, anecdotal, and many other issues should lead to some lively discussion.

D said...

Funny comic strip! It scares me that they are now inventing toilet seats that require specific user training.

Good luck Sunday.

Unknown said...

Good to have you back. That is pretty amazing about the toilet seat.

Good luck at your race and with your QT as well. I will keep you in my prayers.

Migofast said...

I been around I tore an intercostal(rib) muscle surfing that I've been recovering from and I just haven't felt like blogging I've felt like posting an "on hiatus" message and taking a long vacation.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Nice to see you back at the blog. Good luck in the New Balance Real Run.

Stay tuned...

qcmier said...

You know I've heard the TV remote in hotels are pretty dirty, so I can't imagine a toilet remote.

How did the race go???

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Hmmm, I'm so behind in my reading, I didn't even know you were gone. Now that's bad!