Saturday, September 30, 2006

iPOD Newbie

Been thinking of getting this beauty for some time now, and I think I just might do it next week when I am in Hong Kong (seems it is cheaper there than even in Singapore). The plan is to "record" my favourite Christian Music Internet Radio so I have something uplifting to listen to in my flights and runs - hopefully it will help me worship more.

But here's where I need help - how do I record Internet Radio into a MP3 file that the iPOD can play? Do I need special software to do that, and if so are there freeware or shareware that I can use? I am thinking worse case I write down the titles of the songs on the Christian Music Internet Radio that I like and try to buy them off iTunes, but it would be great if I could record and playback the entire radio program since they already have a great mix of songs.

What exactly is a podcast? All I know is that they can be saved as MP3 files and I have tried a few but are they all talk shows? Where can I find music podcasts? More specifically, are there Christian music podcasts?

Thanks all, train safe and God Speed!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am an ipod newbie as well, but have loved having this available for running and other areas. I don't listent to the radio a lot so it is a great time to listen to some of my favorite Christian music and I listen to other music as well. I have been wanting to figure out the podcast thing as well.

D said...

I have an ipod but rarely use it anymore. The only thing I know what to do with it is download music from my computer...sorry...

Cliff said...

Kewl,

I use ot have a program that add on to winamp.

Whenever I play internet radio on winamp, this program will get the buffer and rip it into mp3s..

i will look it up..i lost the program..

There are so many sermon podcast out there....I LOVE technology :)

Robin said...

Oh, I hate to admit that I bought an Ipod in April and haven't figured out how to use it. I keep thinking I need to resrve a whole day, which I haven't had. My friends tell me I am nuts--it takes a few minutes! All the techie stuff--blech!