Sunday, June 26, 2005

Triathlon Checklist

Here’s a checklist I prepared for the event. It includes the stuff I would actually wear on that day since I intend to bike to and from the race.

General

  1. Watch or Heart Rate Monitor – I just used a watch as I wasn’t comfortable wearing the chest strap during the swim, and wanted to keep things simple for the race – the less to fiddle with the better.
  2. Plastic Bags – To store all the wet clothes, towels for the ride home.
  3. Fuel for Bike & Run – Accelerate, Pocarri, Power Bar/Gel, whatever your fancy.
  4. Sun cream – Essential for sun protection, works well to prevent jelly fish stings too.
  5. Change of clothes for after the event.
  6. Tri clothes – For me, Tri shorts. Some prefer Tri full suit – you will need a race belt with a full suit, unless you want to start pinning race numbers in the middle of a transition.
  7. Race kit – race number, registration form, identity, etc…
  8. Wallet/phone (water proofed in case of rain)

Swim

  1. Goggles
  2. Big bottle or bucket of water - To rinse off after the (sea) swim leg, and to wash off the sand from your feet. Also helps to have some water to drink during the transitions.
  3. Big Towel – To spread on the ground to step/sit on after you have cleaned your feet. I also like to have one more (smaller) towel to dry off during the transition.

Bike

  1. Jersey or Singlet (with race numbers pinned on). If you are wearing a Tri full suit, this is where you put on the race belt with the numbers pinned on.
  2. Socks (if you need them – I do).
  3. Bike shoes (if you need them – I do).
  4. Bike Helmet with race numbers stuck on.
  5. Bike with race numbers stuck on, and bike water bottle(s).
  6. Sunglasses (if you like)


Run

  1. Running shoes.
  2. Running cap (if you like).
  3. Spare socks – in case of rain, it is good to have dry socks before the run.
  4. Dry shirt (if you like – I couldn’t be bothered to change, just wear DriFit)

No comments: